Saturday, September 02, 2006

In memory of you



dai ichi no .....i forgot the rest...it is the sun...the center of the picture...




This guy below reminded me of you, with the fire behind you.

As I was riding back from the Horai Bridge, I saw this beautiful temple hidden in a garden. I rode inside, park my bike, and had a moment of silence. The king of the Temple, how he later described himself, found me marveling at all the beautiful statues and he spoke to me. He spoke very little English, but I learned his son lives in NY and is a hairstylist. Perhaps this is why he invited me inside to view all of his artifacts from his travels to Tibet, China, Mongolia, India...His books were amazing. I wish you were with me to hear the interesting things he tried to say about them in broken English. He mentioned Tantra, and showed me a book of the Quabalah...when he heard me say "chakrah", his eyes grew wide, and he jumped up to get more books and photo albums. This is just another example of how you've forever influenced my life...i'd have never been in that place, at that time...if it weren't for you.




I kept my promise, and I intend to keep any others. However, this is for your future, and also in recognition of the death of something very dear to me.

No comments: