Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Blame the Coffee

"I've got bigger fish to fry."---I have always found that idiom quite amusing. The few times I've used it, I haven't been able to finish the statement without laughing. I find it funny, for some unknown reason. At first, I thought that it was because fish are always humorous, and well, the act of frying is even more halarious. I doubt it would be entertaining if the saying were "i've got bigger fries to fry." I mean, you could only cut a potato so big. And generally, fish are bigger than potatoes. I guess i just like the idea that there are always grander, more important crimes happening around you, which is comforting when you are concentrating on the big injustice done onto you. It's an idiom that is there to remind you that you or your enemies are only small fish. I don't make sense, and i know it.

No comments: