Sunday, September 25, 2005

Frater

I used to be a road runner in second grade. That was the both the year I ran into a pole and lost consciousness for the first time and then realized that I was much too old to have "accidents" at school. I hid in the stall for about an hour after the lunch bell rang. I'm not sure if somehow the two incidents were related in any way. I was eventually brought into the school office for it is a true shame to walk around in wet clothes. Somehow I convinced the administration to let me go into my brother's pre-school class and hang out there for the rest of the day. It was naptime when i entered and my brother was asleep on my cat blanket, or it was mine at some point in time. I had on someone else's clothes and i was deliriously tired. I squished next to him and he put his arm around me, and i felt okay. I never really understood how he was always better at comforting me than i was at comforting him. We never really talked about that.

No comments: