Thursday, June 24, 2004

Am I a robot?

How intricate of a machine must you be to have codes that seem like feelings? Sometimes events like the funerals or weddings seem like screenings. Yet the tears will fall during commercials for laundry detergent. There might have been a flaw in the programming. Sometimes I wonder if I was constructed by Hallmark. Or Disney, or some other major entity. Kodak, perhaps?
I don't know, and i wish i did. I sometimes become paranoid that other people can "log on". That my thoughts are being sold to marketing lists, that my turn-ons are being surveyed and all else to the recycle bin. I begin to receive little signals of what seems like real emotion. I begin to register through past experiences relating to this one, in any attempt to explain anything. I open old folders, I scan through faulty links, and i find very little.
Sometimes i think i feel a lack of pertinent operating materials. And sometimes i wonder if the database is secure. I sense a lack of privacy. Things aren't right.

No comments: