Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Chicken Soup for the Alcoholic Soul

Oh suburbia, how i've missed your sweet, crappy strip malls and carbon copied track homes. After being in hillbill-ville, you learn to appreciate punk-ass wiggers with their hip hop ring tones, loitering in front of Walmart, pimpin' their rides, sporting their pro football jerseys. So i hung out with Angie in Temecula and we wallowed in our own separate hells together. It was nice to have a drinking buddy to race the beers down with, to bet on lakers games with, and to have an overall general hatred of things with.....Somehow i got suckered into betting for the Lakers, for some reason I wanted to make a bet even if i had to have the lame, Shaqy team. So i lost, but i didn't even have to experience it because i passed out on her couch before the game had ended.
We figured that we should get out of the house, so we hit the mall. After walking around Macy's for awhile, I decided that no matter how much I dislike mountain living, nothing will ever spawn my affection for the mall. So we left to Barnes and Noble. I walked around trying to find something to spend my $50 gift certificate on, until I came to the self help section. I figured that maybe one of these books could help me do something.....but as I scanned all the soups, I couldn't find a single one for me.

Recipe for Disaster

2 cups of chopped Self-loathing
3 cups of minced dependency
1.5 Liters of Gin
4 miserable limes
5 sprigs of wilted mint leaves
2 tbsp of bitter sweet
and a twist of strong, misdirected anger..........

Mix for hours and serve however...it, like alot of things, doesn't matter.....

No comments: