Sunday, August 01, 2004

It's August First, and......

i thought i'd access my bloggy entries for the past month and see what, if anything I accomplished this month. My healthy eating and exercise began to go on a decline when i stopped chronicling. I believe this may have been because i wasn't keeping a conscious effort to detail my intake and outtake. As for placing $900 in my savings account, i don't really know how i was expecting to do that when i had a backlog of bills to catch up with, and a payment to the school to make. I was excited to send my first $400 to the grouchy regents who hold my degree as a Shwartzeneigger signatured hostage. $1900 to go.......
I have recorded 2 of my songs, but that isn't really finishing it since I only have a 4-track and they are filled. I'll have to turn it into one track and refeed it back in, so i can add the drums. Only my drums sound like shit and it angers me. I think i'll spend my extra spending money of next month on a new set of cymbals. Nothing too fancy nor shitty, for less than $200, guitar center offers this prepack of 20" ride, 16" crash, hi hats, and a bonus splash. And when i went into the soundproof cymbal room, and banged on every single one, and i found I preferred Zildjian over Sabian. I think those little splashes are the cutest things, for if you put two of them together, they'd resemble the baby spaceships from Batteries Not Included. But i don't really know what i'm talking about, as someone might someday tell.

I also did not fix my mother's sewing machine. (Which I broke, by the way). So what did i really accomplish....well, reading two books.....The Haints, and The Twentieth Century-A people's history, becoming a little more healthy and washing my car, which was the most disgusting its ever been. (I parked under this tree that dropped these weird pod/berry things that got everywhere, and all the sap stains on my hood and windshield were scrubbed away. )And, I purchased a Shure dynamic Mic and stand..... Alright, so other than that......well, little. My goals for next month include:

*Riding the Cyclerro to and from work everyday. (Brilliantly stolen from my blog Twin, it sounds like it could be fun, especially since there's this convenient little bike path by the lake. It would also guarantee an hour of aerobic exercise 5 days a week. )

*Limiting my smokes to 4 a day....thus cutting to a pack a week (kind of).

*I am currently undergoing a bet with my sister. The background: we watched The Amish Life, or whatever its called, and she was rambling something about being a Vegan like that girl on the show. I told her she could never do it....nope, not possible. Why would she even want to try? But no, she claimed she could. So i bet her that I, yes I, the lover of cheese, burgers, and ice cream....would even be able to do it longer than she could. The bet was made. I know that i will win for the following reasons. 1. I make strong on my bets and 2. I at least have money to go to the store and buy some nuts and berries and soy milk, when our refrigerator runs out of fruit and cereal. I play wicked..... We are starting our little experiment on Monday. I'll keep a post of what its like to be a squirrel. [1998 Flashback---Sherin and I had the same bet back in the Cloyne days, and I won after 4 hours when Sherin broke down after smoking from the Chancellor and made herself a pesto quesadilla.]

*Save $800 for the Regents on Sept 1st.

*Buy cymbals

*Re-ask Yea-ming if she would be so kind as to maybe want to sing a song of mine....really a song of Shakespeare's, since they are all ophelia quotes in arrangement.....

*Paint my father a portrait for his birthday on August 11th.

*Fix sewing machine (optional)

No comments: