Thursday, September 09, 2004

The Lesson of a Lifetime

Sometimes shitty ass things can be the catalyst to the big prospective. When you watch it happen to someone else, it comes in even clearer. Its amazing how abandonment can teach you about love, and infatuation can shed suns onto detachment. How can you measure someone's worth? How can you predict the depth of the pool before you fall in? Eventually evaporation will pull all the water, and make it crystal clear. Until they invent mind reading visors or future seeing sunglasses, all we have to rely on is Time. I don't really believe in Love. I only believe in fear of lonliness, jointly-mirrored egotism, and sex. I only wish i could convince myself that i was just a jaded, no-good liar.

I'm so sick of the way things are. I'm done with it. I refuse to let these things get to me. And i've learned my lesson. This time, i think i learned it good, and so have they......

No comments: