Monday, August 29, 2005

University of California, Berkeley Fall 2005

It has been 3.5 years since i've stepped foot on this soil. The aSuck is all wrong and tiered, they took down the map by those Stupid Gates, who even knows what northside looks like these days. But i was there and will be there for 3.5 more months. I'm a twenty-six year old bitterness with a soft voice and impeccable manners. Amongst strangers, my friends, amongst strangers!! I was approached by a pamphlet speaking of Jews for Jesus. I smiled, contacted eyes, and replied, "i've already read that one." The truth was that I already had. I was painfully calm and poised, without a headset, without a hoodie. I'm twenty-six years old, i'd say, and these days are different. I had taken the informative packet as one takes the frequent flyer issue from TJ's. Japanese seems difficult. Not the class, that is, not the language either. Languages are like mathematical equations, memorization, association. No, the difficulty lies in the dilligence of keeping to a grade that is split into 25 quizzes, 25 homeworks, 25 hand-raisings, 25 percents, 25 japanese students who already write hiragana, 5 white boys who already have their japanese princess in sight, and 1 nineteen year old girl who seems like someone slightly interesting. Who's going to make me laugh, and in what ways?

No comments: