Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Nothing is Personal

I've been having these fits. Crazy how a certain kind of isolation really gives alot time to think about huh...people. I think about all sorts of people. People i love, People i do not love. I'm not sure if it is the altitude or the forest, or the icicles, or the family, or the SoCal air, but i'm feeling all different inside. I am at this wonderful point where i actually do care...in the larger sense of the word. Yet, i care absolutely not. The actions of others are slow but steadily affecting me less and less.
If I may attribute the change to one thing, it would be the realization that made me smile for about 3 days. Sure, i've heard/read/learned it before, but I don't think i ever really cared to get it. I never really felt it. Perhaps, i didn't even understand it, really. But i do now, and its beautiful. It is this.
A little person is a big world. With satellites all around. Materials, family, lovers, preoccupations, secrets, mannerisms, stealth, leaving the list to infinity. This little world has an atmosphere, this little world has life. You are a god to every idea in your head. Very rare is universe travel. Very rare do people see outside of their reflective ozones. Very rare is true contact away from home.
What others say and do is a projection of their own reality. Same as I.
Somehow, these worlds make me feel less lonely.

No comments: