Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Tuesday's Child

Today was a horrible day. It wasn't that anything especially horrible happened or anybody did anything specific. In fact, almost nothing eventful occured. As usual, my phone alarm went off at 6am, and as usual I kept it on snooze until 7:30. I did not want to wake up today, which is not any different than any other day. The same thoughts were slowly making their way into my head. How the cold is barbaric, how the morning is barbaric, and how sleep is barbaric. I hated the thought of taking a shower, until i began hating the thought of my poor hygiene. I let my thoughts argue and the hatred of cold outweighed my hatred of hygiene. After trying to manuever my hair into a ponytail and keep the appearance as if I did take a shower, i left the house. Of course, on days like this, every minor, negative detail seems less like a detail and more like reality. I cursed my dirty car, i cursed my poor radio installation, i cursed the windy road, the dirty snow. I cursed everything unpure, most of all myself. As I pulled into my space at work, I felt a new dread even stronger than the one as I was waking up. At the door, I pulled my keys from my jacket pocket. I thought, "i wish they could wait for everyone to arrive before they lock the door". The door was indeed locked. As I slithered my way to my desk, i immediately grew annoyed at the screeching sounds of the ringing phones. Doesn't everyone feel the vulgarity of phoning before noontime? Perhaps not. The day was slow and my night even worse. Even Gin couldn't shake the icicles from my heart.

No comments: