Sunday, December 12, 2004

Propagating Popples

I just don't feel together enough in the head to be like an arrow. Instead, i'll be like a snake.
When I moved to the Mountain, i thought i had lost the source of all my powers. But no, it was just hiding in my heart shaped box. It's a ring like a snake. She spends most of her time facing me, whispering half truths into my ear. She guides and watches. I only turn her around on special occasions. Usually when I am hot and hostile. She's a vicious, yet inanimate lovely object. I'm glad she's back, yay snake ring.
I've always thought that movie Ten Things I Hate about You actually listed the 10 things about Hate. Someone told me it doesn't, but I can never trust this person's word about anything. But if I were to list 3 things, it would be the following. 3--yr such a god damn sham 2--yr weakness is despicable 1--how dare you linger.
Today I ate steak, and I'm paying for it dearly.
I watched some cable special on John Lennon today. It reminded me of my girlhood crush on that pansy hippy. But I still love pansies and I still love hippies. well, the cynical ones.
I watched the simpsons, i laughed. i watched arrested development, i laughed. I watched a commercial for tomorrow's trading spouses, i did not laugh. I happened to get caught up in the living room last Monday night, and i began to watch the show. There was something about this particular episode that really freaked me out. That hippy family was super creepy and i thought to myself, "thank god i wasn't raised sleeping in the same room as my old, bearded father". I know that it is hard to get yourself to sit down, at 8 o clock on a Monday night to watch bad reality television. I know that its hard to watch hardcore barefooted hippies for an hour straight, but i have a feeling you'll feel a certain uncomfort that will have you thanking me as you clutch the remote's power button upon the commercials for The Swan. Uh, and it is this of which I write.
i wanna play guitar but my tummy hurts and i'm thirsty. my inner voice told me that's no excuse. but i'm tired and i need to work tomorrow. i didn't do laundry like i said i was. i didn't record that cymbal/metranome/5voiceover/antique crystal bells song i've been thinking about. my mom kicked my sister out of her room, and put her in the guestroom. She's redecorating and it looks all fancy and antique. My grandmas old sewing table and victrola are back. Her crystal figurines are back in the lighted, glass curio cabinet. I can't wait for my mom to go to work so I can play with all those bells. It reminded me of when I was a kid and i'd volunteer to clean the contents of that cabinet. Everything was so pretty. I totally knew how Bart felt tonight as he burnt his toys and talk to the old sea captain. I'd like to be friends with the Captain.
Today Kenny played computer technician and was able to log onto my computer from Las Vegas. YES, VEGAS. Amazing, i say. I heard Babycakes in the background of our conversation, and I'm looking ever so forward to seeing his alleged standing up in his crib and peeking over the edge trick. I fear the holidays. My family will be heading East for North Carolina hoopla. The mountain could be lonely.
Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to fake my own death and disappear. Leaving all traces of what's now. I'm sure i'd do things of a mischievious nature. And then criticize myself for associating with old memories.
I do that alot, criticize. Maybe its cuz of that time I was criticized for doing lewd things with Popples in 2nd grade. I think that was the first time I felt embarrassed, at least from what I can remember now. Yea, maybe. The criticism didn't make me stop, though. I remember someone else's Popple and puppet shows and silly times, but like I said before, i cannot be associating with old memories.

No comments: