Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Devil's Plaything

How could somebody argue whether or not they believe in fate when its almost impossible to understand? Unless you have a ball of crystal that works, how could you ever determine whether certain things happen for a reason. You never get the chance to see the offshoots of possible realities that could occur if you made the "other" decision. Movies like the Butterfly Effect suggest that no matter what direction you go in, if fate has its way with you, the outcome will be the same only with a different coloured shell. I wonder, does fate protect me?
I had one of those fate days today. My plans must change. The way I saw the next year has changed, and to that i wonder why?

I wasn't really done with this post. I just had a weekend in my way.

But yes, back to my day of fate. I learned that my plans for the next year and a half have been temporarily postponed for reasons of my own creation. Not knowing something important really is my own fault, not fates. However the way things must be manuevered now that I made the said mistake, work in my responsible favor. I will have the chance to be financially fit for the next endeavor. Uh, and the summer will be a less horrible time to return to Berkeley.
I sometimes think I ponder these things as some off-the-wall form of consolation. Like religion or some shit like that. If things happen for a reason, and if I were lucky or intuitive enough to have called the school before Nov. 1st, maybe my Spring would have been difficult, and not thoroughly prepared for.

Or maybe not. I'm probably not making sense. Although, I would have, had I discussed this without any boundaries. For if my typing hands were not gagged for fear of disclosing my desires, hopes, dreams, fantasies, etc., well then, you could see that this has more to do than waiting 6 more months to complete the seemingly uncompleteable. It has to do with sad separation. Poof, though, I'm done with this.

And Meyer, you go boy!

1 comment:

mm said...

It could be argued that the future is set. In a sense there is "fate," because all things must come out in a certian way. Every event is bound to occur from the intial physical state of all matter in the universe.

But this does not mean the decisions you make are unimportant. Even believing in a mystical fate-- that events will take place no matter what you do-- itself will change what happens in the future.

Fate does not protect you. It is not something to be depended upon, it just is. Fate does not make decisions unimportant or inconsequential, but the end decision that you come to is determined by the physical state of your mind interacting with the world. You were fated to receive this message from me. This message was then fated to convince you that your decisions matter. This will lead to to make better decisions. And "good times" will follow. All of which has been fated.