Sunday, November 28, 2004

Travels of an Extraordinary Nature

Learning new things about new people gives me the satisfaction in new days. The journey of others are better than books. Reality seems stronger in the eyes of strangers. A night like so many others, with moves all the same, the lighting fit the ever usual spectrum. Conversations connect with manners all too familiar, yet with a greater hope. After twenty five years of knowing one thing and but hours of knowing another, feels like warming snow. My repetitive nature kept me in a curving line quite like a sphere, whereas I struck against an obtuse and it knocked me right out of the orbital path. Many nights she spent dreaming one dream. The kind where you know it’s only a vision you would never escape. How your mind has its path prepared, and though of your own creation, not entirely yours to maintain. Subconscious rules most natures. So says my yesterday.
According to the ancients, life must remain malleable to sustain. But nobody ever told me that life must remain malleable to regain. Perseverance was the godchild of both strength-of-self and possibility-of-dreamery. The temptation is throbbing like a balloon about to burst. I’d shout on the street if I weren’t such a contradiction.
Most of the weakness leaks from the fears of myself. What if I were too tame to believe in my version of the future? What if my visions are intrinsicly against my nature and just another example in seeking that of which is unable to be held with such a tiny fist? How could I revolt against the routine of each passing day? The time is now. For what I’ve learned is that the goal is not who I might impress, nor who I might acquire, or even why I feel the need. My mission is to prove my strength, my ability, and the confidence I maintain in minding the master of what I believe in as the future. And it marks the day I learned that its not how the world creates you, but how might you create the world. Passivity has no place anymore.
With gratitude,
The Stranger

No comments: