Thursday, July 01, 2004

The "Man" has lured me to a hazy quiet place where he beats with a stick

In other words, I got the job. I have officially licked and closed the little envelope that is my life. Only, I'm the cheap, poisonous envelope that George Castanza purchases one fateful New York summer day. I am told that I will be an underwriter for an insurance company. I wonder how many people knew there was a such thing as wedding insurance? Ah, maybe it's one of those things that everyone knows, but never speaks about when y'r chatting on a terrace with a beer in yr hand. "It's not something you learn in school, it's just something you've got to experience." Who knows the source of that beautiful quote? Anywho, I think this mountain life is going to be permanent. So i'm documenting this day. By the way, last weekend during my Oaktown excursion, I did some new daily snooping. I'm working on the updates. I wonder if there's a such thing as fool insurance?

Highlight of the Day: During a screening of The Banger Sisters, I called my mom and asked her to guess how many cookies were in my mouth. She hung up on me. She should watch more TV, like a good American.

No comments: