Saturday, January 29, 2005

It was around a year ago......

when I's lost my best friend, Chaz. Actually, lost may not be the word. I'd go more with stolen. I spent months trying to convince myself that the deed was against his will, but he was always looking, always shopping. Through intensive interrogations and local authority hearsay, it was believed that he spent his last days sleeping alone in a park. I couldn't think of any reason he wouldn't call. Wasn't he cold? Wasn't he scared? Hayward isn't the best of cities. And, he knew I knew that. Maybe he thought I was bringing him down. He didn't seem to like living in my car. He was uncomfortable when I'd go to the gym in the middle of the night. Maybe it was lack of consideration on both parts.
It doesn't matter, though, because every night without him reminds me of the night I left him all alone. Maybe I deserved to lose a loved one.

No comments: