Saturday, January 01, 2005

The Year of the Blank

During some blog post, Mark had made the excellent observation of how the New Year slash Resolutions should be on a day more like the first day of Spring and not in the middle of winter. There were other things said, I'm sure, but that's all my memory allows at the moment. I remember thinking....huh, true. It really is stupid to start a year at such a dead, cold, snowy time of the year. Ya, cuz see, i feel the winter death here in the mountains and very little feels new at all.

But supposedly things are as you make them, and like anyone, i'd like to have a good year. I thought about last year. I wondered what, if anything, I had accomplished, and i sorta didn't like my answers. I guess they were baby steps. Like in What About Bob?

Today, I refused the feelings of regret, sadness, and self-loathing. I'm gonna try this again for tomorrow, too. I hope it just wasn't the residue of bubbles in the brain.
Champ is the Champ, till we meet again, next year!

No comments: