Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Guilty Conscience

Dear Diary,
Moto says that I am nothing but a dirty Catholic. She says, she may not know me very well, but that since i was raised Catholic, I must be a very guilty person. In some ways this is true. There are times when something bad has happened, like a wallet has been stolen from a backpack. I think, it was me and they know i did it. I'm going to be found out, and everyone is going to know that i'm a thief. But i didn't steal it. I don't like to steal like that. It's too easy and wickedly underhanded. I'd rather steal from assholes and pedophiles. (Steal their magazines). Nah, but I feel guilty...i feel what the person who stole it would feel should they be standing there. I may be wrong, Catholic style. Well, i sometimes partake in activities that i keep from other people. Anger would happen should they know. These activities, i feel guilt. Lying, i feel guilt. The funniest part though, is that i've learned to pour guilt proof linings around my stomach and bile pit. So though the guilt is there, and in great abundances, it no longer affects me. I'm wondering if this was the way out of the shackles of a Catholic upbringing. Or maybe the way in.
To lie, then deny. Superb.

No comments: