Thursday, December 01, 2005

The Hamper Effect

SMOKING After a short bout with the attempt to quit smoking, I made the public descision to now "smoke more than ever". It's been going well, and i have made new and glorious strides in my endeavor. However, the onset of this "malady" is now hampering my ability to keep up with my ridiculous goals. As i try to push through the runny nose, congested bronchial regions, and stabbing throat pains, I find that my sleepiness is the hardest on my smoking. I cannot keep to a pack or more a day when i cannot keep awake for more than 8 hours. I've been told that there is a Sudafed on the market that masks flu-like symptoms while pumping you up with ephedrine-esque chemicals. I'm sure this would encourage a smoker to both drink lots of water and work on her smoking. Had I more than $3.14 in my bank account, i might check it out. How am I making rent you ask?

RENT I have found that school isn't that hard when you don't have to keep a job throughout the process. This does, however, deeply affect my taste for mildly expensive habits such as smoking, drinking, drug use, and eating. Rent tends to hamper my dedication to my lifestyle. I bet I'd live alot longer if I paid more in rent. Unfortunately, I'm not well to do in these areas of decision making. You can form your opinion where you will. How do I react to your opinion, you ask?

YOUR OPINION Well, on individual accounts, i take it in stride. I figure you spend alot of time thinking about yourself, and in reality, I am just but 10 to 15 minutes of thought wasted while on the internet. Or maybe in person. Even when we are together, i accurately assume that you are probably not thinking about me. So, on individual accounts, i feel miraculously unhampered. There are moments, strangely indeed, when questions are asked. Luckily, i'm known as a jokester who can get out of a serious question when times appear to be crooked. I find that the Christmas holiday encourages people to ask more questions. Why do i shirk from both inquiries and the holiday season, you ask?

THE HOLIDAY SEASON I'd be pretty pissed off if I were Jewish. I don't want 8 crazy nights. I don't even want one. I like the action of searching through large superstores, and purchasing. I don't feel hampered by long lines, just the stupid chatter of the shoppers behind me. However, if i did not grow into a rage when entering a mall, I'd feel like i have lost something from childhood. I like thinking that you would really like this present. I hate being there when you open it. You never really like it as much as i thought you would. It makes me feel worthless, and unknowledgeable. And who wants to feel like that after eating turkey, ham, cookies, pie, egg nog....or whatever? Who, you ask?

NOT ME If there is any single entity which hampers ceaselessly, it is me. I guess it is my never-failing ability to lose interest. I feel it happening already. There are 2 more major points i needed to express today during my hour of time wastage. BLOGGING, that was one topic. The other, MEGALOMANIA. I bet if I wasn't so lazy, i could combine them both in a beautifully wrapped present for my number one son.

No comments: