Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Purpose of Dreams

I dreamt that i lived in a nice house. It had dark, oak hardwood floors, and an upstairs, and black/stainless steel, matching kitchen appliances. I had 3 roommates, Xevar, and a bitchy, blond and a faceless scenester whom i know nothing about. There was a party thrown by the girls, and I hated it. Oscar was there, and i said hi. The blond was making some comment about me, and i went into her face and said, "don't make me knock yr block off". Her lame laugh was followed by her response of "what? have we traveled back in time to the 50's? Who says that anymore?". "No, but yr going to be traveling to hospital if you talk shit again, you no-good trash heap." She laughed and walked away. I thought, fuck....i gotta get outta here. So i went into the kitchen to grab my tea. Much to my shock and surprise, I found Xevar and Sally making out on the stove. Their position suggested i interrupted only seconds before there was to be skin to skin action. I awkwardly grabbed my tea and excused my interruption. I went to my room. My room was okay, nothing seemed familiar. I had all new stuff. My bed attire was plain and cozy. I sat on my bed and listened to the new CD I bought. It was called Red. This cd sounded wonderful, it sounded like the color red. I couldn't believe that i had never heard this new subsection of music called color music. It totally sounded like red. I loved it. The lyrics were so clever. So Red, if you can imagine it. Well, I did.
Xevar came into my room with a serious look on the face. Xevar touched my arm sympathetically while muttering a "i'm really sorry". I asked, "for what? What's up?" Xevar just continued with a look of concern and continued, "i'm sorry you saw that,i hope yr not mad or sad or jealous, or anything like that." I said, "no, no why would I be? Look, there's something I've been meaning to tell you, i've thought alot about how you said that I may be have the tendency to be wrong in my automatic assumptions, and my belief in my power to read minds and intentions. Maybe you are right, maybe i'm crazy, but i may just be......hahahah, just kidding. No but really, Maybe i am wrong, continuously. Maybe i don't know. And on this note, maybe i'm wrong in thinking that you have this adorably egocentric idea that i'm in love with you. I love you, alot, but i am not in love with you. I would never even consider being girlfriends. Could you imagine that? Never. We are breakers, and destroyers, and besides, i predict that i'd only want you once, like most other things and people. However, i have my tendencies of being wrong. So, who knows, huh? But no, no, I'm not in love with you. And no, i don't care that you were about to fuck Sally on the stove. In fact, I think that's hot! Haha...get it? And while all this is true, it IS hot, and i'd have loved to watch. I'm happy for you and Sally. I have a feeling it won't work out, but i hope for your sake it's good for you. And since i'm being all honest and shit, maybe i am just a little jealous. Only a little, only the amount needed to urge me into wanting an intimate companion, that i laugh with, and fight with, and love with, and play on the stove with. In that way, you hurt me, having something that i'd like to have. Well, at least right now, at this point in my dream. Tonight."

So the purpose of this dream was discovery. I discovered the words i never even knew that i needed to think. I discovered Red. After Xevar left, i remembered thinking....now for Blue. I need to buy the Blue CD.

No comments: