Friday, December 16, 2005

The Timeline of Non-Sexual Fantasy concerning the Realm of Comedy---A Work In Progress

1985- I'd sneak into my parent's room and call Ghostbusters. Peter Venkman would come to my house and find no ghosts. He'd make fun of me a little, then tickle me and let me ride in his ghostbuster's car.



1987- I'd live in the days of Mexico, when Mexicans spoke English. Lucky would call me his little Buttercup, and fly me in an old fashioned Wright Brother's plane. Also, he'd kiss me goodnight when I went to sleep.

1987-My dad would get over his racism and buy me a toy. Of course, I am not a white boy, but my toy would entertain me anyway. We'd break into the department store and steal more toys. Richard Pryor would speak to my class on Career Day, and make everyone laugh. We'd walk home after school, hand in hand. My dad would see us, and throw my toy away, I'd cry myself to sleep that night.

1988-I'd ride on the back of Steve Martin's dentist motorcycle and we'd breathe that funny gas, and he'd beat me. But he'd be kind afterward, while healing me with hilarious song and dance.

1989- I'd wonder why grown men cry after seeing that man on my way home from school. After talking to him for awhile, i'd ask if he'd like to watch cartoons at my house. He'd call himself Leo Bloom, but I'd know his actor name was Gene. This would be because my dad has schooled me on all good comedy. We'd play Monopoly on my bedroom floor, but he'd threaten to leave when he caught me stealing money from the bank.

1990-Jim Carrey would come over after school and we'd make up the funniest scenes. He'd go back to the set of In Living Color and pretend that they were his ideas, but I wouldn't care because he'd rock me to sleep at night.

1991-I'd eat fancy arugala salads with Vinnie while he'd speak New York to me, and buy me hot dogs at the baseball game.

1991- "Bob" would stay with us during the summer, and climb into my bed at night because he was afraid of "forest snakes". My dad would suspect that there was something funny going on, but he'd just attribute it to Bill Murray's uncaged onscreen humor.

1992- Harris meets me in the restaurant where nobody believes his stories that he can talk to a sign. Being a kid, i believe, of course. After an hour drive through LA traffic, he leans over and kisses me. I notice that the sign told him to do that. I get mad, and leave. Only to be stopped because I'm stranded on a freeway, very far from home.

No comments: